What You’ll Do
The Asset Management Intern is primarily responsible for assisting the Asset Management team in the day-to-day operations of Company owned assets. This internship will require interaction with numerous other DOC team members as well as Facility Management Partners, vendors, and tenants. Additionally, the position will be involved with many different projects aimed at controlling costs and improving asset value.
- Assist in the process of transitioning new properties.
- Assist in onboarding new properties onto Building Engines, our property management platform to track work orders, log preventive maintenance, communicate with tenants, and measure performance.
- Assist in collecting and reviewing property financial packages.
- Assist in the preparation of property budgets and corresponding portfolio roll-up information.
- Assist in annual CAM reconciliation process and tenant estimate detail letters.
- Manager and audit purchase orders and vendor service agreements based upon vendor proposals.
- Prepare documentation for Facility Management Partner transitions and manage Facilities Service Agreement contracts.
- Assist in entry of new lease information for newly acquired properties.
- Drive a variety of special projects which are often focused on policy and procedure, process improvements all which result in reducing operating costs, creating efficiencies, and increasing organization or tracking data.
What You’ll Need
This internship is designed for candidates with a strong academic background, preferably in business or real estate. Applicants should be independent, self-motivated, creative, and disciplined, seeking to advance their understanding of the real estate industry. Preferred prerequisite course work content include composition, communication, economics, finance, general accounting, real estate law, or related areas of academic emphasis. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, is a must. An ability and willingness to quickly learn new web-based programs used for day-to-day leasing, accounting, and property management is also a requirement.
Physicians Realty Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.