What You’ll Do
Primarily responsible for assisting the Investment Team evaluating potential acquisitions by gathering and analyzing data, preparing investment briefs, and other related responsibilities in order to help coordinate all necessary steps in the acquisition, due diligence, and closing process.
- Work with underwriting team in the management of the overall investment process to gather and communicate relevant deal components
- Review offering memorandums and other available deal materials for potential acquisitions.
- Research comparable properties for market rental, sales, and operating expense data
- Review and analyze competitive healthcare position of hospital and/or physician group(s) within submarket
- Assist in the set-up of initial Argus and investment models for use by deal analyst and originator
- Prepare tenant and rent roll overviews for potential acquisitions.
- Assist in the preparation of the investment approval packages for board and finance committee meetings
- Provide support for all properties, including review of various due diligence materials, checklist management and legal documents as part of the closing process
- Support general corporate research, analysis and reporting which will include, among other things, portfolio and property-level financial review, supplemental reporting and peer research
- Research peer company investments and create comparative reporting to company investment activity
- Support Investment team members and executives, as well as other departments within company as required
What You’ll Need
This internship is designed for candidates with a strong academic background, preferably in business or real estate.
- Applicants should be independent, self-motivated, creative, and disciplined, seeking to advance their understanding of the real estate industry
Preferred prerequisite course work content includes: composition, communication, economics, finance, general accounting, real estate valuation, real estate finace or related areas of academic emphasis.
Physicians Realty Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.