At Physicians Realty Trust (NYSE: DOC), the Corporate Accountant serves as a core contributor to the Company – striving to ensure the accuracy of our books and records through strong analytic skills and consistent attention to detail.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Duties and responsibilities will be influenced by the candidate’s proficiency and experience. The Corporate Accountant can expect to:
- Prepare routine and non-routine journal entries and analysis associated with the month-end closing process;
- Participate in the Company’s consolidation procedures, including the preparation of face financial documents (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of Equity)
- Prepare disclosures within the Company’s SEC filings;
- Perform (and oversee the performance of) Sarbanes Oxley control procedures;
- Prepare technical accounting research, including the drafting of associated technical memoranda;
- Fulfill auditor inquiries and requests;
- Participate in the professional development of junior staff members;
- Contribute to special projects and ad-hoc tasks.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance;
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Consolidations, and Financial Reporting.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- CPA or CPA Candidate;
- 2-4 years of accounting experience in a Corporate setting, or 1-3 years of experience in Public Accounting;
- Experience with Yardi Voyager GL, Sarbanes Oxley design / testing, and SEC reporting.